September 8, 2011
by Fleet Management staff
LAS VEGAS, NV: Toyota Canada President Yoichi Tomihara told Toyota and Scion dealers from across the country this week that they can expect launches for six new Toyota and Scion vehicles over the next three months, plus another six launches before the end of next year.
Between now and year-end, Canadians can look forward to the following new vehicle introductions:
- Scion iQ is billed as the world’s smallest four-seater, with 11 airbags, 94 horsepower and a 1.3-litre engine that gets great fuel economy;
- Yaris Hatchback will have sport bumpers, integrated fog lamps, a unique front grill, chrome tipped exhaust, and a colour-keyed rear spoiler;
- Camry offers best-in-class fuel economy, a modern design featuring crisp handling and performance and an upscale, soft-touch interior with an available voice-activated audio and navigation system;
- Camry Hybrid’s system generates the equivalent of 200 horsepower and for city driving is 39 percent more fuel efficient than the current generation;
- Tacoma will bring additional towing power on V6 4X4 SR models and water-repellant materials on TRD models; and,
- Prius v will deliver versatility, as it can be configured to meet a range of customer needs through special features such as SUV-like cargo carrying capacity that is over 50 percent greater than the current-generation Prius.
“These vehicles—and the others we’ll be rolling out in 2012—are all about strengthening our leadership in quality and safety, fuel efficiency, hybrid technology and customer value. We are committed to selling vehicles that inspire: fun-to-drive vehicles that go beyond the practical to the aspirational, with exciting styling and performance,” said Tomihara, who added that Toyota will offer 10 small cars, more than any other manufacturer.